Yoga Teacher Training
Registered 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
Continue your yoga journey with a quality yoga teacher training programme.
Starting Online 20 March 2021.
SEE TRAINING SCHEDULE (starts Friday, 26 March 2021)
An in-depth English language yoga teacher training registered with Yoga Alliance, giving you the essentials of yoga from which to grow from.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, we have developed this training into an online format – using the advantage of online for clear and informative presentation, but keeping the personal touch so that you receive the personal attention and feedback you need. Should the lock-down permit, we can move part of this training to in-person, but if you cannot come to Eindhoven, your training can continue online.
This exceptional yoga teacher training in English combines traditional texts and teachings and practice with current scientific research to bring your understanding and teaching into the context of present day. Read reviews.
Led by Natasha Gunn with Evi Bacsi, Flim Reydon, Eniko Pianovszky and Brinda van den Berg. Find out more about our teachers.
What we cover:
YOGA PHILOSOPHY AND HISTORY
- Samkhya philosophy and the Yoga Sutras
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- Parameters of traditional yoga.
- The various paths of yoga
- Meditation (including Mindfulness)
- Defining ‘Self’
- Where ancient wisdom meets modern science
- Brief history of modern yoga posture
EXPERIENTIAL – techniques, training and practice
- Develop a personal practice
- Introduction to mantra and sound
- Pranayama and meditation
- Intelligent sequencing
- Hatha and Raja Yoga
- Vinyasa Flow and Yin yoga principles
- Keeping a journal – clarify your process.
ANATOMICAL (SUBTLE AND PHYSICAL)
- Ayurveda, an introduction
- Chakra system and energy flow
- Functional yoga anatomy (one size does not fit all)
- Current scientific research into movement and mind
- Breathing and Bandha
- Physical body systems
- Main asana groups as a tool
- Using trauma-sensitive language (based on Trauma Sensitive Yoga guidelines)
- Teaching appropriately: Language, ethics, intention
- Orchestrating group classes
- A modern approach to teaching Hot Yoga
- How and when to assist
What do I need to apply?
- You are already practicing yoga,
- you desire to share it with others,
- you want a balanced training that introduces you into all the elements of yoga, both experiential and theoretical,
- you want to understand traditional methodologies and see where a modern approach helps
- you want to share yoga safely to others in an individual or group setting.